Bike Citizens app – the first cycling app designed for cyclists in urban areas + surroundings! Real-time route calculation prioritising bike friendly ways. With precise audio notifications, without an active data connection, saving battery and roaming costs. Available in 450 cities in Europe, Australia and the US. Winner of the Eurobike Award 2015.
• Bicycle optimised map style
• Tracking, visualisation and statistics of your tracks
• Route calculation from every location to every address in town
• Prioritising cycleways, cycle paths and living streets • Precise audio notifications during your ride
• Works offline: no roaming costs in foreign countries!
• Track your speed, distance and time with the bike computer
• Recalculation of route when you leave current route
• Insider cycling tours through the city, created by local cycling couriers • Categorised lists of sights, from which you can create individual tours • Local and international cycling campaigns, like Bike2Work Austria and PING if you care Brussels
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE CITIES:
• Australia: 16 cities, e.g. Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
• Austria: 9 capitals, Vienna (free)
• Belgium: 8 cities, e.g. Antwerp, Brugge, Brussels, Gent
• Bulgaria: Sofia
• Croatia: Zagreb
• Czech Republic: Brno, Prague
• Denmark: Aarhus, Bornholm, Copenhagen • Estonia: Tallinn • Finland: Helsinki • France: 40 cities, e.g. Paris, Marseille, Lyon
• Germany: 73 cities, e.g. Berlin, Bremen (free), Hamburg (free), Munich, Frankfurt, Ruhr area
• Greece: Athens
• Hungary: 20 cities, e.g. Budapest
• Iceland: Reykjavik
• Ireland: Dublin
• Italy: 40 cities, e.g. Florence, Milan, Rome, Turin, Venice
• Latvia: Riga
• Luxembourg: Luxembourg
• Macedonia: Skopje
• Netherlands: 24 cities, e.g. Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague
• Norway: Bergen, Oslo
• Poland: 21 cities, e.g. Warsaw, Krakow, Tricity
• Portugal: Lisbon, Porto
• Romania: Bucharest
• Serbia: Belgrade
• Slovakia: Bratislava
• Slovenia: Ljubljana, Maribor
• Spain: 55 cities, e.g. Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Málaga
• Sweden: 21 cities, e.g. Stockholm, Malmoe, Gothenburg
• Switzerland: 7 cities, e.g. Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, Zurich
• Turkey: Istanbul
• Ukraine: Kiev
• United Kingdom: 61 cities, e.g. London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Kingston, Coventry
• United States: 67 cities, e.g. New York, Las Vegas, LA Cities which aren't already for free in the app can be unlocked by: • "Cycle to Free": When installing a new city, chose the option "Cycle to Free". All you have to do is cycle 100km within 30 days and track your routes. • Voucher code • In-app purchase: 4,49€
• Bike Citizens Flatrate: All cities for only 19,95€
• Eurobike Award 2015
• VCÖ mobility award 2015
• Apps for Europe Award 2014
• ISPO Bike 2013 – Brand New Award
WHAT MAPS ARE USED?
The Bike Citizens app (former BikeCityGuide) is a navigation app based on the great OpenStreetMap (OSM), the "Wikipedia of maps". We invite everybody to take a look at wiki.openstreetmap.org in order to learn more about OSM, how it works and how you can contribute. The insider tours were created by local bike messengers, the sights descriptions are from Wikipedia.
HOW TO GET MY SMARTPHONE ONTO MY BIKE?
As the perfect gadget to go with the app, we have developed our own smartphone mount. With FINN, you can mount any smartphone to any bike. The mount has been sold for over 450,000 times worldwide. Find out more on http://getfinn.com
We love to hear your feedback – if you have questions, suggestions, troubles, please don't hesitate to contact us in order to make this app even better! Just send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cycling in the city is fun – convince yourself!
Bike Citizens – Intelligent Urban Mobility
Download Bike Citizens – Bicycle GPS APK for android direct link
Small update including some bug fixes.