IKEA Place is built on ARCore and lets you virtually 'place' IKEA products in your space. It also has a ‘visual search’ function: point your camera at any piece of furniture you love and your phone will tell you which IKEA product it is or resembles the most.
The app includes 3D and true-to-scale models of everything from sofas and armchairs to footstools and coffee tables. IKEA Place gives you an accurate impression of the furniture’s size, design and functionality in your home so you can stop wondering and start doing.
To place furniture:
– Make sure the room is well lit and hold your smartphone at waist level
– Make sure the floor in front of you is non-reflective and free of clutter
– Scan an empty piece of floor by moving your device around
– Search the list of available products and select one
– Find an empty spot in the room, rotate and place the product there
– Select other products and add them to your room to make a new Place.
To use visual search:
– Tap the visual search button in the left-hand corner of the app
– Adjust the frame that appears to fit around the object you want to search for
– Click ‘search’ and compare your object to the IKEA products we found that match it the closest
The app lets also you share your 'place' with social apps like WhatsApp or Instagram. Look out for updates as more IKEA products and additional functionality arriving soon.
For a list of supported devices see: https://developers.google.com/ar/discover/
Download IKEA Place for android direct link
-Added some Easter Eggs 😉